The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life, sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that binds us all together.

- Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Another One Down

I should've known that Little Plow wouldn't be strong enough to make it through a night outside with momma.  Maybe I did but I was tired.  I knew that he would have to be on his game to make sure that he didn't end up crushed under Ruby when she went to bed.

When I came out to feed him this morning, he had passed.  His little body was buried under some of the straw bedding.  Without much pomp and circumstance, I tossed his little body as far out into the juniper and sage as I could.  My hope is that the coyotes will find him before the dogs.

Now there are ten piglets.

No comments: