The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life, sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that binds us all together.

- Erma Bombeck

Thursday, March 20, 2014

More Chicks

I took in 13 wayward chicks today.  The owner was a friend of our previous landlord's daughter (if you can get further away in connections than that...).  Her hubby was in a horrible accident and she will be spending most of her time at the hospital.

I know nothing about the chicks other than what I can see.  It looks like I have two ages.  There are Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Americaunas, and Black Australorps.  Some will go to a friend's house, but the rest will live with us.  We'll have to wait and see if they are boys or girls.

Hubby doesn't understand how this happens.  But really, I'm not out looking for chickens.  They just find me.

No comments: