The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life, sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that binds us all together.

- Erma Bombeck

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Show Ducks?

I'm a sucker for ducks.  So when this gal was looking for 4-H kids who would like to have some show ducks, I responded.  I figured that they would want more money than I was willing to shell out.  But no...they were free.

Z and I went to select the three ducklings that we were going to bring home for him.  There were several varieties of Runner - white, pencil, black, fawn & white.  It was hard to choose.  So we came home with four.  I think it was either the ducklings or the two extra turkens that K brought home for me that put hubby over the edge.  He came up to my room and quietly asked me what keel-hauling was.  I've been married to a sailor long enough to know this one, so I batted my eyelashes and coyly agreed to a moratorium on all things poultry.

Here is a picture of our four Runner ducklings - Pencil, Chalk, Sharpie, and Crayola.
I mean really, who could say no to those faces?

Lucky for hubby, possession date for 4-H is today.  So...we won't be adding any more livestock - until the meat chickens arrive in June.

No comments: