The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life, sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that binds us all together.

- Erma Bombeck

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Planting Notes

Quick note so that I don't forget when I planted things.  Yesterday, I planted one package of Prizehead Leaf Lettuce.  45 days to harvest.  We will plant lettuce every three weeks.  I also planted one package of Nantes Coreless Carrots.  70 days to harvest.  We will plant carrots every five days as their growing season is SO long.  I also planted White Bunching Onions.  60 days to harvest.  We will plant these onions every five days as well.

Today I planted one package of Scarlet Globe Radishes.  25 days to harvest.  We will plant radishes every three weeks, just like the lettuce.  I am taking the kids fishing this afternoon, but hopefully will plant beets and spinach later today.  Will update when it's done.

No comments: