The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life, sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that binds us all together.

- Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's the Start of the Second Inning...Stitch is Rounding First...

Looks like my bet was a good one.  Stitch is showing the first signs of labor.  She's been up and down, up and down.  I thought it might just be nerves with the wind and the excitement from yesterday, but while she was lying down, I watched her poop.  That's not a normal goat behavior.  She's adjusting.

So, I am getting ready for another night of kidding.  J is at work until late, so the boys and I will be handling this one on our own.  We can do it.  I only wish the weather were a little more cooperative.  Not only is it cold, but it's windy - blow your hat off your head windy.  Not pleasant weather to be sitting vigil while a goat decides when to kid.  But this is Stitch's first time and I plan to be there with her all the way.  Better put the coffee on, I have a feeling this is going to be a long cold night.

No comments: