The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life, sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that binds us all together.

- Erma Bombeck

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Realities of Living On A Dirt Road Continued

Well, I knew that I had a slow leak in the right rear tire, but it was holding air and going to Les Schwab wasn't going to fit into my schedule until Friday.  But that changed when J came in from the front and told me that my FRONT right tire was flat.  I corrected him, "No.  It's the rear tire."  It was actually both.

The flat was so bad that when J aired it up, you could hear a hissing sound as the air escaped from the hole in the tire.  We couldn't see it, but we knew it was there.  Probably a rock had punctured the tire.

We filled the tire and then I took off down the dirt road with J right behind me.  We had to stop when we reached the pavement and he aired the tire up again.  At that point, we decided that I would only drive up to the market (about 5 miles away) and call AAA for a tow from there.  I made it to the market, but the tow truck driver had to air up the tire to load and unload the car.

Four ply tires just don't make it on a road with as many rocks as ours.

No comments: