The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life, sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that binds us all together.

- Erma Bombeck

Thursday, September 29, 2011

And Then There Were Ten

We lost Spot today.  The only guess I have is that she was behind momma when she rolled over.  There were no apparent injuries to her.  I found her out in the dirt near where Ruby likes to lie down to nurse.

Ruby was in a horrible mood after I removed the dead baby.  She didn't want anyone in with the babies...not even me.  We were supposed to give Freightliner her meds, but decided to hold off when it became apparent that Ruby was not going to let me steal another baby and live.  I think we may go with the single dose of LA200 for Freightliner instead of the five days of Penecillin, just for ease.

No comments: