The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life, sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that binds us all together.

- Erma Bombeck

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Goose Poop

Did you know that a single goose can poop up to three pounds a day?  They can.  And mine have chosen to poop on the back deck.  So three pounds times six geese means eighteen pounds of poop on my deck every day.  It's just too much.

Due to their overactive pooping, I have decided to reduce the number of geese I have.  The guy I got them from is willing to take them back (since I never paid him anyway).  He's also going to take two of the three babies.  He's going to butcher them - which is what I would do if I had a plucker.  I'm keeping Violet the Toulouse goose and one of her babies - hopefully a female.  That will bring the poop level down to six pounds a day which still sounds like too much.  I may have to get rid of all of them.

UPDATE:  I decided to get rid of all six geese.  My friend promised he'd find Violet a nice home.

No comments: