The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life, sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that binds us all together.

- Erma Bombeck

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Let the Planting Begin

This afternoon, Emmy (a friend's daughter) and I began planting our veggie starts for the season. We planted a total of 432 pots. There were a few extra seeds when we were finished, but honestly, I was pretty impressed with my ability to estimate how many seeds in the packets.

We planted:
1. Early Girl Hybrid Tomatoes
2. Beefmaster Hybrid Tomatoes
3. Jelly Bean Hybrid Tomatoes (grape)
4. Roma VF Tomatoes
5. Burpee Hybrid II Cucumbers
6. Organic Straight Eight Cucumbers
7. Organic Delicata Winter Squash
8. Sugar Baby Watermelon
9. Jack Of All Trades Pumpkin
10. Anaheim Chili Peppers
11. California Wonder 300 TMR Peppers (bell)
12. Organic Black Beauty Zucchini Squash
13. Yellow Summer Crookneck Squash

We'll see how it goes. J started tilling the field this afternoon too. I walked past and couldn't help but sing "I take the tractor another round, pull the plow across the ground...send up another prayer. I never complain, I never ask why, please don't let my dreams run dry..." Sounds like a new theme song for Rogers Roost Ranch.

No comments: